Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Portland

We went to OMSI, a really fun science museum for kids. We spent a lot of time in the physics and chemistry labs doing fun experiments.


Portland has a great streetcar system downtown. The kids had a really fun time riding.


And, of course, this photo was right side up when I viewed it in my photos. Don't know what happened. Well, at least you can somewhat see here that we stopped and visited the Portland temple. It is literally right off the freeway. Everybody always talks about the San Diego temple and the Washington D.C. temple and how stunning they are and so close to the freeway. But I have added the Portland temple to this list! Just as stunning, and just as close to the road.


We had pizza at a very unique restaurant called Old Town Pizza. They make it known that their restaurant is haunted. It is old, somewhat unkempt, with creaky floors and mismatched antique furniture. It's in Chinatown and apparently there are tunnels underneath the building that were used to transport Chinese slaves. As legend would have it, one of the slaves was pushed down the elevator shaft to her death, and she continues to haunt this building. There is even a dining table inside the elevator shaft, with dimly lit candles and for some reason (!) the kids didn't want to eat at that table!













2 comments:

Megan Bruschke said...

So fun! Loved the pic in the restaurant....cute family!

Jon said...

Awesome! I really wish I could go there too.