Thursday, November 18, 2010

There Are Bears In Those Hills!

I got a phone call from a friend from church saying "we have a bear in our tree! Do you guys want to come over and see it?" Being the bear fanatics that we are, we immediately hopped in the car and zoomed over. This bear was so huge! And very good looking, might I add (some bears are quite ugly!)
We figure the bear was strolling through the orchard and was scared up into the tree by my friend's dogs. Those dogs guarded the tree all day long and that big old bear stayed perched way up there. That night when they brought the dogs in, the bear snuck down and was gone in the morning.
I was so thrilled to see this! (But also just a tiny bit uneasy that there are big bears roaming so close to home.)

2 comments:

Megan Bruschke said...

WOW! That is amazing...and yes a bit unnerving!

Brittany said...

That is SO cool!! Wow! Those pictures are fantastic too! Makes me want to yell out ELLLMEEEERRR!!