Back on March 6, we received a devastating blow that has kept many of us whirling ever since. After his long and brave battle with leukemia, Clint passed away at home with my dear sister Kelly lying by his side. I've been so bent on helping Kelly heal, that it took me awhile to realize the grief and sorrow in my own heart. It's taken me these almost 2 months to be able to take a step forward and start to see clearly again. I just wanted to share some lines from a hymn that was sung at Clint's funeral and that has been going through my mind through all of this:
"Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side; With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In ev'ry change he faithful will remain. Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end."
"Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on when we shall be forever with the Lord, When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone, Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past, All safe and blessed we shall meet at last."
4 comments:
Oh BEcky! I am so sad for your family and their loss. We will remember your sister and her girls, along with all your family in our prayers.
It really was a beautiful funeral and that hymn really did seem to take on extra meaning while that song was being sung. I continue to be so sorry for your family's loss and continue to be amazed at how all of you have taken it. You are truly an inspiration!!
My heart continues to go out to you, Becky, I've thought of you and your family often these last couple months.
I am amazed how often it is a hymn that brings the most peace to me. "Be Still, My Soul" brings a sweet, calm assurance of all I know to be true, while so eloquently describing deep sorrow. Thank you for the reminder.
I am so sorry.
We had that song at Brie's funeral as well. That song will always have special meaning to me. The words are amazing. Sometimes I hang on to them for dear life. You have been a wonderful sister to Kelly and Clint.
Post a Comment