Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fear of Fireworks

Happy Belated 4th of July! During this month of fireworks, there's always one kid who has anxiety over the explosions. Here is cute Callie covering her ears but at least she's brave enough to watch. Seth is hiding out behind the chairs, blinking his eyes and opening his mouth (which he does when he hears loud noises or when objects get too close to his face...silly boy!)
Finally, he decided he was too close for comfort and chose to watch the fireworks from way back there!

By the way, we bought a few fireworks and lit them off and had a great time. But while we were out here in our front yard, we enjoyed the impressive firework shows from several of our neighbors. Somehow, there were a lot of illegal fireworks going around (supposedly obtained from small-town fireworks shacks in Wyoming). They soared way up into the sky and lit into fantastic colors with booming sounds. It was very patriotic.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I love Seth hiding behind the chair. Looks like something I would've done when I was little. Can't wait to see you guys next week.